Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Best Friends' Weddings


Three of my college roommates got married this summer/fall.  It was a whirlwind of celebrations, weddings, and girls' reunions.

Katie got married in May, so we all met up in Seattle, Washington for a true girls' trip.  We stayed at a hotel together for the weekend (everyone except Katie, of course), and the day after the wedding, we toured Seattle and saw the sights.  The wedding was beautiful, and the entire weekend was a perfect getaway with some of my favorite people in the world.
Becky and Kirst, wearing their cool shades,
driving to the wedding.
Tia brought her baby Kai (he is my boyfriend) to crash the girls' weekend.
We didn't mind!
It was a perfect, sunny spring day in Seattle.

Beautiful bride!

Love her.
Pikes Street Market
I tried out Tia's wrap and carried Kai around the market to get practice. :)
Fortunately, the fun wasn't over yet.  Becky arrived in Washington with a beautiful diamond ring on her finger, as well.  She did a great job surprising us, and we all screamed and celebrated, thrilled to find out that we would be meeting up for another wedding reunion in August!


Becky got married August 6 in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Again, the five of us came together for the big event, though I wasn't able to participate in all of the fun because I had a five-day old baby. :)  The timing actually ended up being really good because I was already in Utah for Noah's adoption, and I was staying in a condo right on Temple Square--so I just slipped away for a few hours to attend the wedding festivities and Ryan stayed with sweet Noah.  What a wonderful week--first Noah's birth and then Becky's wedding.

Salt Lake City temple...amazing!
If I look tired in this photo....well, I was.  New baby! :)
Kirsten got married in October.  Unfortunately, her wedding was on the exact same day as my brother-in-law's wedding, so I didn't get to attend her ceremony or reception.  Kirsten is one of my oldest and dearest friends (she and I have known each other since seventh grade), so I was very sad to miss such an important day in her life.  I am grateful that I was able to attend her "bachelorette party" the night before, so I could at least share in her excitement and joy as she prepared for her big day.  I have looked through every one of her beautiful wedding photos--I wish I could've been there.


I am so grateful for Becky, Tia, Kirsten, and Katie.  I am so blessed that I found such kindred spirits during my years at BYU, and I hope we will stay in touch forever...I know we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!