Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas is...

...lazy mornings watching The Grinch.

Cute cousins
...delicious feasts surrounded by family.

If you look closely, you will notice that Laura and I raided my mom's closet and wore her ugly Christmas sweaters for the occasion.   Sadly, my mom didn't realize these sweaters were ugly. :)
Logan, our resident gourmet chef, made and decorated this Yule Log cake.
He even made the meringue mushrooms! Amazing!
Sarah decorated the table.  Beautiful!
...a festive outfit for Christmas Eve.

Sarah made these shirts for the boys.
He's so smoochable!
Little bit of spit up...but what's new?
We definitely needed this festive bib!
...a dapper outfit for Sunday morning church services.

Buddies
Our little Mr. Rogers
"Dad's wearing an awesome tie!  Hooray!"
...lots of snuggle time with Grammy and Grampy after church.

"I like this little short lady.  She's basically my size!"
Unwrapping presents mayhem in the background
82 years old...
5 months old.
 ...an impromptu photo shoot with Aunt Sarah as she tried out her new macrolens for her camera.

I love this face.
Wittle nose and chin
I see you! 
What big eyes you have!
...a new hat from Bapa!

"Thanks, Bapa!"
"Hooo's cute??"
"I'm so funny."
...a new toy!

Fun for jumping...

and for eating!
 ...a ginormous dog the size of our apartment from the Great Grandparents.

We named him Beast.  (The dog, not the baby)
...Baby's First Christmas ornaments from the grandparents on both sides.

From Bapa
(this photo was obviously taken with Sarah's camera)

From Grandma Nielson
...a long day of taking down Christmas decorations.

Noah and Ryan really helped a lot!
...followed by a relaxing night of watching football with Bapa.

So entranced.
...finally, an anniversary date for Mom and Dad.

Kissing Noah goodbye
Callum promised to be a good babysitter.
All in all, we had a wonderful time with my family, and, though he had no idea what was going on, Noah loved his first Christmas.  We are blessed!

7 comments:

  1. I want to meet Noah! He is crazy adorable. I love the Mr. Rogers sweater.

    I have no idea what a Yule log is (sounds iffy) but LOOKS amazing! And the ugly sweaters are hysterical.

    Thanks for the link to the alphabet lessons! I have no idea what I'm doing teaching toddlers (obviously I preferred the older ones) so that will be helpful!

    P.S. Your comment on my post that was up for a month right before I started crazy catching up, was so funny. You make me laugh. And I love the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this post. Looks like Christmas was wonderful! Give Noah hugs and kisses. See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your family!
    what a fun Christmas. . . Noah is so CUTE!
    can't wait to snuggle him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is so incredibly cute! Love all the pictures, and you and your family seem so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. It's awesome you can raid your mom's closet for those sweaters! No matter what she thought about them! :D
    2. Noah's facial expressions are to die for!
    3. Those mushrooms are amazing! At first I was like, "Why are they eating mushrooms with their cake?" And then I continued reading. What a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! i just cannot get over noah's beautiful blue eyes... i love them.. and yet his eyes still bring back memories of when drew was a baby. hmm... you are such a sweet momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so stinkin' cute! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!