Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Judge Nielson and Goody Schroeder

Today, my special education co-teacher, Sherry, and I reenacted the Trial of Martha Carrier, one of the famous trials of Salem. Our classes are about to start reading the play The Crucible, and we thought we'd give them a preview of the type of lunacy that went on in these trials. They thought it was quite hilarious--and I can see why. I mean, the wig?? Come on.

I called students up to testify as witnesses against Martha, and they had to swear on the American Literature Anthology that they would "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

It was a crazy and exhausting day.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Rachel, you are too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just such things that make you such amazing teacher! I can't wait to be back in the classroom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I have to say that is an unnatural hair color on you :) Your students are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! ...will you come be my teacher, please?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!