Friday, May 14, 2010


Top 3 Reasons Not to Have a Laparoscopy

3.  You will have to waddle around the halls in a flimsy hospital gown--all the while wondering if you are exposing yourself to innocent bystanders.

2.  Post-surgery, when all you want is a little TLC, the nurse might yell at you for repeatedly lowering your own bedrail so that your husband can "snuggle" you.  ("I'm sorry!" I told her, "But I just love him!")

1.  Your stomach will be bruised, bloated, bloodied, and sore.  (My dad would not let me post the photo of this; he said it is too disgusting.)

Top 3 Reasons To Have a Laparoscopy

3.  You will have an excuse not to go to school, grade papers, or reorganize Visiting Teaching...at least for a few days.

2.  Some of your favorite girlfriends will stop by for a chat...and they might arrive bearing surprises such as, but not limited to, flowers, dinner, an adorable "summer tote," and a Wegmans banana cream pie.  (Thank you, ladies!)

1.  Your husband will have no choice but to spend an entire afternoon doting on you...and if you frequently remind him that you endured surgery because you want to be the mother of his children, then he might even agree to watch an 8-hour-long BBC special with you.  I recommend Little Dorritt.  

11 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the last reason TO have one! :) Not to mention that it went well and may make a huge difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET WELL, get well soon!
    we want you to get well! ;)

    love you honey. . . *gheesh*!
    hope you are not in too much pain. . .
    and YES!
    way to milk Ryan for all it's worth :). . .
    You are worth it!

    p.s. man!
    i am such a JERK!
    too bad i wasn't one of those good friends. . . must remedy that immediately! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience you had! The "cuddle me" joke makes me laugh still. I loved chatting with you all to myself and that pie was amazing. I'm going to have to talk myself out of buying it everytime I go now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were having surgery! I feel bad.... but I take it you are home and recovering now, so perhaps I can drop by soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you survived :) After mine I kept waiting for all the swelling to go down, it never really did . . . good luck with that one.
    Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm maybe surgery is the way to get Sam to watch Little Dorrit with me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have asked for hospital pants! They have them. There's nothing worse than walking around in JUST the gown. I hope you're feeling less sore every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better! What a trooper you are. Tell Ryan you need a chocolate shake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad things went well. I haven't been the best at blogging lately, so I had to read a few posts back. I'm sorry you are going through this, but you will definitely be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess if you go in for it for emergency then you don't have to walk to the OR, you get wheeled there on a gurney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know you were having surgery either! I'm a loser! Glad your recovering well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!