Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn in Buffalo...

Last weekend, it was freezing, gray, and drizzly in Buffalo. I was wearing three layers of sweatshirts in our apartment to keep warm. I kept thinking to myself in distress, Please tell me it's not winter already!! Buffalo winters are infamously long and dreary.

Fortunately, winter had not yet come to stay: It has been unbelievably gorgeous the past few days. Perfect weather, sunshine, colorful leaves, summer breeze...

It's not expected to last, but hey...we'll take it for now. After church yesterday, Ry and I went on a drive to see the leaves and then took a little hike called the "Eternal Flame." You walk through a forest and down into a ravine crevice, and at the end, you get to see a natural gas flame behind a waterfall. Pretty crazy!




We were charmed by this old cemetary on the side of a road.


The photo is blurry, but you should be able to see the flame flickering behind the water.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so beautiful! I hope our leaves start to change soon, even though St. Louis is NEVER as beautiful as Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!