Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm cranky.

I had a lot to do this week to get ready for our upcoming visitors, as well as my upcoming international adventures. I had to do laundry, recreate my stolen journals, clean the house, put together some projects for the orphanage, pay bills, submit our renters' insurance forms, grocery shop, etc.

I told myself I would be productive.

I wasn't.

I've spent almost the entire week in my pajamas. I've dinked around the house, doing a little here and a little there, getting distracted by articles online, taking long naps...

Sigh.

When I am busy, I am unhappy and wish I had more time to relax. When I am not busy, I am unhappy and wish I would be more productive. It's a vicious cycle.

I know you are all thinking that I am being too hard on myself. But I'm really not. It is appalling the amount of stuff that I have not gotten done this week. Really, it's appalling. Just ask Ryan; he's been studying for the Boards from home, so he witnessed the depressing, disorganized affair. (He didn't say anything about it, but I know he noticed.)

And here I am, online again, avoiding my to-do-list.

I'm cranky, and it's my own fault.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you sis! i deal with Cal all day and it's exhausting---especially when he's cranky!---and everytime he goes down for a nap I know I should get down to work, but I rarely do. I'd much rather surf the net, watch tv, or just SLEEP myself. Oh well! Just buckle down next week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days. And weeks. And months. But I do think the downtime makes my uptime more productive, not just because I've given myself a little break (or a big one), but because I've run out of time and I HAVE to get stuff done. So I'm more efficient about it. Or maybe that's just me rationalizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. Well said. But at least your not alone. I do it too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!