Friday, July 26, 2013

Sara



My sister-in-law Sara had a birthday yesterday!  She married Ryan's little brother Cole almost two years ago.  I love her, and I am so blessed that she is my sister now.  When I married into the Nielson family almost eight years ago, I knew I was super lucky.  Little did I know then that I would just keep getting luckier and luckier as Ryan's siblings each married awesome people.

Sara is the definition of fun.  Her bubbly, energetic personality is so endearing. My family met her for the first time when the Nielsons all came to Denver for Noah's adoption finalization and sealing in February 2011.  Each of my family members told me separately how much they immediately loved Sara.  She is so interested in people and asks lots of questions about them, listens intently to their stories, and gives the best reactions--gasping in horror or laughing aloud at all the right moments.  She and my Grammy especially hit it off during that weekend, as they worked side by side making a salad for the family dinner and chatting for an hour.  Sara is so easy to talk to and so easy to love.

I also love the serious discussions Ryan and I have with Sara and Cole.  They often ask for our advice on life.  We don't have that much wisdom to share, but it makes us feel great that they think we do! :) At the beginning of July, they came to visit us for almost a week, and it was so fun to hang out with them and talk for hours.  Cole is just starting medical school, so they asked for our input on how to make the most of those years, and they are about to have a baby boy (yay!!!!), so they asked for our input on parenting.  They both have such strong faith, and we love to discuss Gospel topics with them and hear their insights.  To me, there is almost nothing more fulfilling than discussing the real "stuff of life" with people whom I love and respect.

I really can't express how much I love Sara and how much I look forward to spending a lifetime as her sister-in-law and friend.  I love that we will get to support each other through all of the ups and downs of life, and I love that we will get to spoil each others' children for decades to come.  (Can't wait to meet their little Snuggle Bug who will arrive in November!) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!