Friday, June 24, 2011

I am alive.

Hello, Friends.

I just want you all to know that I am alive and well.  I have become a super lame blogger.  Blogging is something that I usually really enjoy, but I have so much to blog about right now that I am overwhelmed and avoiding it.  It doesn't help that our "home study" visit for the adoption is on Monday, so I have been going crazy this week getting our apartment all set up, organized, and decorated while Ryan has been at the hospital (he started his program on Monday and is really liking it).  A case worker will be visiting us at 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning to approve our home and make sure we will be fit parents.  This will be our last "in person" visit with her before she can send our final adoption application to the state for approval.  The only thing still pending is our fingerprint clearance.  We got our fingerprints taken about two months ago--I can't believe how long it takes the state to process these things.  I am quite certain that, if they got good images, our fingerprints will pass because neither Ryan nor I is a dangerous criminal...but what if the images aren't good and they make use redo them???   Oh heavens--that just can't happen because the baby is due in less than two months--so everyone pray for our fingerprints!!

In other news, Ryan bought a globe that plugs into the wall and glows to use as the baby's nightlight.  It was $1 at a garage sale, and Ryan says it is the best $1 he has ever spent.  I quite agree with him--it is a darn cute globe.  I am trying to make the baby's room and the rest of our apartment look cute.  It's a little difficult, as I am somewhat decorationally challenged.  I will put up a few photos when all of this mayhem is over.  And I will of course blog about Hawaii sometime soon...been meaning to do that for two weeks now.

xoxo
Rachel

8 comments:

  1. I"m glad to hear you're still around Rachie! lol And use some of those leftover shower decorations! That's what they're there for, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics of the cute globe! In my head it's like the lamp from While You Were Sleeping.

    Glad to hear everything is coming along, and praying for your fingerprints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your fingerprints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pray for you! When our family adopted my brother (and he wasn't a baby, so babyproofing wasn't part of the equation) we spent forever cleaning and trying to make our house look respectable. But when the social worker came, it seemed like that was the least of her cares-- she just wanted to meet us and stay long enough that we started to act normal. And my family is like me: normal is just a relative term.
    Point: I hope your house looks spectacular, but please don't lose sleep or grow gray hairs. Do your best and then just be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you say "heavens," almost as much as I love "decorationally challenged." MISS YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well Rach! I"ll be thinking about you. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you! I was thinking about you the other day as we had someone come 2 times to look at our house to buy, and had scheduled a 3rd time then disappeared and changed their minds. I thought of all of your challenges with birth Mom's and the disappointment. I was so disappointed about not selling the house- and am sure that it couldn't compare with your experiences.

    Hope all is well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck on Monday! Won't it be great to have that over with...it is soo soon that you will be welcoming this little guy into your home...I know he is already in your hearts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!