Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Callum's Favorite

It is a well-known fact that children like Ryan more than they like me.  I am used to it, so I generally don't get too offended.  Yet, I sorta thought that my own nephew would like me as much as he likes Ryan.

No such luck.

My sister Sarah and her son Callum visited us last week, and it quickly became apparent that Uncle Ryan is his favorite.

Callum is a very active child and won't sit still with anyone--except Ryan!
Sarah found them just chilling on the bed and snapped this photo.
And here they are playing with a ball.  Callum insisted on wearing Ryan's shoes. :)
Fun at the park.

I tried very hard to win Callum over.

I took him to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada and let him ride a tractor:


I took him to a petting zoo, where we saw a "devil-eyed goat."  Brian Fellows, anyone?

"These animals aren't cute or cuddly--they're weird.  I'm excited and a little scared."  HA!

I took him to Canandaigua Lake for paninis, gelato, and swimming: 

It was all to no avail--Uncle Ryan is still his favorite.  And really, why wouldn't he be?  Not only is he super fun, but he also passed his dental board exam (we got the results!), and he gave up his bedroom for the visitors.  (We set up a pack-and-play for Callum, and Sary and I shared the bed.)  We came out one morning and found Ryan sleeping like this:


He's a very good sport.  I guess he deserves to be Callum's favorite!

It was a fun week for all of us.

5 comments:

  1. Uncle Ryan rocks! Cal can have Uncle Ry....I'll take Aunt Rach! Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS RYAN!!!!!!! Good for him. What a relief! Ry really is the best with kids. . . I am too hyper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the previous post but decided to comment here so you would see it. Thanks for taking the time to tell that. So funny! It really makes me miss Buffalo. I am going to have the boringest lfe/blog now that we left that excitement behind. Also, It is nice to get to know Ryan through your blog. He really is more of a listener isn't he. That's the best kind of husband to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog has become one of my most favorite to read! You are an amazing writer! I love the conversation of Ryan and your neighbor..so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that goat is still here, I'ma wait outside his dressin' room and just KILL 'im!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!