Wednesday, August 4, 2010

If there is one thing that I love about El Salvador, it's the rain.

There is nothing like sitting on my bed at night, writing in my journal to the sound of the rain pouring down outside.  It goes on for hours--so after I finish writing in my journal, I get to fall asleep to it.

So peaceful.

When Ry and I got married, I sang "Come Away with Me" to him at our wedding reception.  We were planning to spend the first three months of our marriage in El Salvador at the orphanage, so I thought the song was particularly appropriate:

"I want to wake up with the rain falling on a tin roof,
while I'm safe there in your arms,
so all I ask is for you,
to come away with me in the night..."

Que romantico.

That was a great day.



Speaking of great days, I had one today.

I spent the morning chillin' with Inecita and Chusita.  We sat under an outdoor pavilion and colored while listening to the radio.  I sang a nonsensical Spanish song to them.  My vocabulary is quite limited, so this is what I came up with:

"Inecita es bonita, bonita, bonita.
Chusita es bonita tambien!"

Yeah, I know...I'm almost as talented as Norah Jones.

This afternoon, I hung out with Roberto.  Don't tell the other ninos, but he is my favorite.  I mean, come on, check out those shades and mustachio:



And this evening, while a bunch of us watched a movie together, I got to snuggle with Maritza and Xiomarita.  Okay, they're my favorites too.  Okay, so maybe I can't pick a favorite.

Hasta manana.

4 comments:

  1. NO FAIR!!!! I love all those kids and wish I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a great time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sound of rain is SO relaxing. . . i wish we were getting some here!
    it's a hot tamale. . . too skanky for my liking!
    so happy to hear you are having a great time. . . the kids seem like TONS of fun to be around. . . somehow i think we would get along? :)
    lots of love Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach, you're my hero. I still think of you every time I think of visiting teaching as a program; every time I think of visiting teaching conferences or looking after the one. You're the kind of person I would love to spend more time around to enjoy your friendship, of course, but also to learn from you and be inspired by you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!