Sunday, December 16, 2012

Precious Baby Girl

Sweet Baby Girl Cuoio was born yesterday, December 15, 2012 at 5:47 p.m.  As you can see from the look in her mama's eyes, she is so loved.



After a bit of deliberation, they decided to name her Kate Sophia.  I love the name.  I love her.  I love Ashley and Nate.  I love being an aunt.


I can't wait to meet this little peanut (she is only 5 lbs 9 oz, 17 inches long) and give her a kiss and a snuggle.  Sometimes I find it hard to put into words how special it is to be part of a family--how thrilled I am for my family members when they have moments of incredible joy, such as the birth of a precious baby.  It feels so inadequate to say, "Congratulations!" when they have just experienced one of life's most profound moments.

I just can't wait to love this little girl and be part of her whole life.


There is something so sweet about babies being born at this time of year, when the world is celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Just the other day, I read this beautiful blog post pondering what Mary might have felt in the days leading up to Jesus' birth.  I have thought about Mary so much this month, as I watch my little boy grow and change.

We are hoping that Baby Kate will be with us to celebrate Christmas next week.  Her birth has brought a sacred, peaceful feeling to our family during this season of busyness.  I love her so much already.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for the comment!